Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites
580 US Highway 1 Bypass, Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: 603/436-7600 | Fax: 603/431-3903 | 169 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
The Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites is conveniently located near Water Country, Strawbery Banke, The Music Hall, fantastic restaurants and many local shopping venues. This classic New England seacoast town sits on the Piscataqua River with riverfront eateries, taverns, shops and the wonderful Prescott Park.
This Portsmouth New Hampshire hotel is short drive from the University of New Hampshire, Southern New Hampshire University, Great Bay Community College and other learning institutions. Whether you are here for parent’s weekend, new orientation, graduation or visiting faculty--we welcome all visitors.
Each guest room in this Portsmouth New Hampshire hotel is tastefully appointed. They are equipped with cable television (extended channels and Showtime®), free high-speed Wi-Fi Internet connections, a table or desk, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron/board and hair dryer. And if you happen to have forgotten certain essentials, we can probably supply you with an item at no charge! (some for a small fee).
Not only will you enjoy your stay at this hotel in Portsmouth New Hampshire...there are many things to see and do at the Seacoast. The Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites is close to an abundance of historical sightseeing treasures and shopping outlets in tax free New Hampshire and nearby Kittery, Maine.
Fuel your trip by visiting Portsmouth's many great restaurants including the Phantom Gourmet's hidden jewel and The Roundabout Diner & Lounge (located adjacent to our hotel)! Don't forget to take in the theatre, enjoy a memorable cruise and visit the historic Strawberry Banke and shop in our tax-free state plus much, much more!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Restaurant on-site, Roundabout Diner & Lounge, open 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Indoor pool Heated
- Outdoor pool Seasonal
- Exercise facility, open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. two treadmills, one bike and weight machine
- Safe deposit box
- Cocktail lounge, open until 10:00 p.m. midweek and 11:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights
- Ice/vending machines
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Truck/RV parking, complimentary
- Hot tub
- Meeting facilities
- Free parking
- Banquet facilities
- Conference services
- Fax services
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundromat Three washers, three dryers, detergent and fabric softener sheets available at front desk (nominal fee)
- Cable satellite television, VCR and DVD player available for rent
- Photocopy machine
- Hearing impaired services, TDD phone, illuminated light when fire alarm goes off
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Weight lifting equipment Weight lifting machine
- Porterage/bell services
- Three washers, three dryers, detergent and fabric softener sheets available at front desk (nominal fee) Drop off by 8am Returned same day, generally by 5pm Prices vary by item
- Express check out By request....mail or email available
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access
- Business center, complimentary, open 24-hours and has three computers with printing capabilities
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Exhibit services
- Mail services 1st class stamps available at desk and mail drop off.
- Wedding services Contact the sales department firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conference facilities
- Air-conditioning, Lobby, restaurant and meeting areas
- Physically challenged services, wheelchair is available
- Physically challenged facilities ramps available as well as grab bars.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking
- Complimentary coffee in lobby daily (6am-10pm)
- Complimentary High-speed Internet access
- Complimentary newspaper (Mon-Fri)
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus portsmouth hotel and suites in Portsmouth.
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus portsmouth hotel and suites in Portsmouth, New Hampshire is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 43.073415 / Latitude: -70.779395
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: South. Option 1: Use Exit 5 off Interstate 95. Stay in the left lane of the exit. The Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites is located 1/2 of the way around the Portsmouth Circle heading north on the Route 1 Bypass. Bear right just off the circle and turn into entrance of parking lot on your right. (The Portsmouth Circle is is the meeting point of Routes 1, 4, and 16-Spaulding Turnpike). Option 2: Use Exit 5 off Interstate 95. At the end of exit, turn right onto Woodbury Avenue. Just beyond the bridge, turn right as if heading to Maine. At the bottom of ramp, turn left into hotel parking lot. The entrance to the Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites is the same as the Roundabout Diner's entrance.
From: West. Drive 101 East to Interstate 95 North. The Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites is located at Exit 5 on I-95 (Portsmouth Circle) Stay in the left lane of the exit. Follow circle half way around to Route 1 Bypass North. Bear right just off the circle and turn into entrance of parking lot on your right. The entrance to the Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites is the same as the Roundabout Diner's entrance.
From: East. Drive 101 West to Interstate 95 North. The is located Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites at Exit 5 on I-95 (Portsmouth Circle) Stay in the left lane of the exit. Follow circle half way around to Route 1 Bypass North. Bear right just off the circle and turn into entrance of parking lot on your right. The entrance to the Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites is the same as the Roundabout Diner's entrance.
From: North. Use Exit 5 on Interstate 95. Follow the Cloverleaf exit, bearing to the right which will lead you to the Portsmouth Circle. Stay in your left lane and go approximately 3/4 way around the circle, bear right onto Route 1 Bypass North. Bear right just off the circle and turn into entrance of parking lot on your right. The entrance to the Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites is the same as the Roundabout Diner's entrance.
From: Downtown Portsmouth Turn left onto Dennett Street (yellow flashing light). Follow all the way to the end. Turn right, then immediately left. Almost to bottom of the ramp turn left into hotel parking lot. The entrance to the Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites is the same as the Roundabout Diner's entrance.
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Built in 1758, John Paul Jones House is a National Historic Landmark in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. It is the only existing building known to be associated with the American naval hero John Paul Jones, who lived there for two years wile overseeing the construction of the U.S.S. America, in 1781 and 1782.
Today, the Portsmouth Historical Society operates the house as a museum. Visitors can tour the house’s two galleries featuring rotating exhibits, and Portsmouth artifacts are displayed all around the house and in the surrounding gardens.
Across New Hampshire you'll find a wide range of excellent and must-play golf courses. Spring and summer can yield top-notch golf outings, and when you visit Portsmouth, be sure to play the very impressive Pease Golf Course. Found just west of downtown Portsmouth, and bordering the southern ridge of Portsmouth International Airport, Pease GC features 27 unique holes to play.
Weaving and meandering through the lush forest land of eastern NH, Pease Golf Course features the Red Course, which is 18 holes and a par of 71 – all across 6,400 yards. The Blue Course at Pease is nine holes with a par of 36 – and if your arithmetic is correct, that should be 27 holes. Make the most of your time spent in Portsmouth.
Celebrating more than 400 years of history, the Portsmouth Harbor Trail invites visitors to explore New Hampshire’s best walking city on foot. The trail passes by more than 70 historic Portsmouth locations, including 10 buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and 10 more listed as National Historic Landmarks.
Visit from late June to early October to embark on tours like the Highlights Tour and walk through Portsmouth’s historic downtown while being regaled by stories of the town’s earliest settlers, patriots, ship builders, and entrepreneurs. There is a small fee for adults, but kids under eight can participate for free.
Covering 10 acres along the Piscataqua River in downtown Portsmouth, Prescott Park is a ten-acre waterfront park located between State Street and Mechanic Street. One of New Hampshire's prettiest urban environments, the park features flower gardens, walkways, docking areas, seating, and grassy knolls.
Don't miss the "trial garden", which features over 500 flower varieties planted during the summer or the park's rose garden. If you're visiting in the summer, Prescott Park hosts a juried art show and the Prescott Arts Festival, which features musical performances and full-length plays.
The Brewery opens up as a restaurant and bar daily and tours of the facility are available. For a small fee, tour participants are shown the creation process while being offered samples of brews like Redhood ESB, Copper Hook, and a variety of seasonal blends along the way. Every August, the Brewery’s expansive grounds host the Redhookfest, an outdoor music festival, which has featured headliners like Blues Traveler.
Nestled against the Maine border on the banks of the Piscataqua River, the Seacoast Repertory Theatre is located in historic downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire. As a professional non-profit theater, the theater collaborates with community arts organizations to contribute to the rich culture of the Seacoast region.
In additions to special productions, the theater offers youth camps, classes, and workshops. Check out monthly theme nights like the Red Light series and the Dorks in Dungeons Live Improv Fantasy Comedy shows for a one-of-a-kind way to have a laugh.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Strawbery Banke Museum greets guests at the heart of historic downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Preserving centuries-old American history, the museum features 10 acres of heritage gardens, historic buildings, ancient artifacts and more.
Enjoy hands-on activities, changing exhibits, and stories of American life in the 1600's, 1700's, and 1800's. The museum is open from May 1 to October 31, 7 days a week with touring hours from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The oldest operating theater in the state, the Music Hall is located in historic downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The theater seats 906 people and is the city’s go-to venue for big-name concerts, Broadway musicals, major and independent films, and festivals like the annual Telluride by the Sea film festival.
The theaters beautiful interior architecture has augmented viewers’ experiences of Broadway musicals like Peter Pan, The Wizard of Oz, and No, No, Nanette. Musicians who have headlined past concerts at the Music Hall include Feist, Boz Scaggs, and even Steve Martin with his special blend of bluegrass and comedy.
Founded in 1866, the University of New Hampshire is a liberal arts college featuring an enrollment of roughly 15,000 students. UNH’s rural campus is located in the eastern New Hampshire town of Durham – just west of Portsmouth.
The New Hampshire Wildcats are NCAA Division I members, competing in several conferences, including the Eastern College Athletic Conference and the Colonial Athletic Association. The Wildcats play home games at venues like Cowell Stadium, Lundhold Gymnasium, and more.
Visit one of the premier historical attractions in New Hampshire. The USS Albacore was an influential research submarine originally laid down in 1952 and is credited with pioneering the familiar teardrop hull configuration seen in modern submarines today.
Visitors can explore for themselves Albacore's unique interior and exterior formations and heard audio experiences from former crew members thanks to an audio tour placed inside and around the submarine. Don't forget to visit the Memorial Garden, which honors the sacrifices of the fallen submariners.
Known as New England's largest waterpark, Water Country is a fun, family-friendly destination for Portsmouth and New Hampshire guests. Choose from over 9 water slides, a giant wave pool, a lazy river, a general activity pool and 4 kiddie attractions.
Fill up the rest of your day and rent a cabana or stop by the park's many restaurants and concessions. Park hours vary between 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. while the season calendar stretches from early June to early September.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Historical Strawbery Bank, historical village depicting 400 years of living
- 2.00 mile(s) from USS Albacore Museum, first atomic submarine
- 2.00 mile(s) from Music Hall and Theatre, everything from Boz Scaggs to the Russian Ballet
- 1.50 mile(s) from Isles of Shoals Steamship, cruise boat carrying up to 250 passengers. Party and dinner cruises as well as sight seeing.
- 1.50 mile(s) from The Heritage, smaller 49 passenger cruise boat offering site seeing cruise as well as cocktail sunset cruises.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Seacoast Science Center, Interactive exhibits, programs on Odiorne Point. Whale.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Children's Museum, wonderful interactive museum for children located in Dover
- 1.50 mile(s) from John Paul Jones House, Temporary home to the father of the US Navy. Role playing characters guide you through this magnificent home!
- 1.50 mile(s) from Portsmouth Athenaeum, a membership library filled with books, newspapers, documents, photographs and arifacts highlighting 400 year history of the New Hampshire and southern Maine Seacoast.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Jackson House, c. 1664: Jackson House is one of the earliest examples of vertical plank-frame building construction in New England.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Moffat-Ladd House and Gar, 1763 - National historic landmark, three story mansion with its large entrance hall and historic terraced garden, was residence of six generations of the same family from 1763 to 1911. Declaration of Independence signer William Whipple lived here during the Revolution. Collection includes original portraits, family artifacts, and superb Portsmouth furniture.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Red Hook Brewery, that serves lunch as well as gives tours
- 1.50 mile(s) from Tug Boat Tours, get a ride on a working tugboat up the Piscataqua River
- 2.00 mile(s) from Seacoast Repertory Theate
- 2.00 mile(s) from Prescott Park, live theatre and entertainment
- 2.00 mile(s) from Govenor John Langdon Hous, 1784- It was built for John Langdon, supporter of the Revolutionary War who later became governor of New Hampshire.
- 3.50 mile(s) from Wentworth Coolidge Mansio, 18th century residence of NH's first Royal Governor, Benning Wentworth, overlooking Little Harbor. Tour 20 rooms. Fine architecture with French style stewing kitchen, 18th century English flocked wallpaper, and handsome mantelpiece carvings. The prominent 42 room structure is surrounded by heirloom purple lilacs, likely planted in the 1750s.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Fuller Gardens, beautiful Japanese gardens, along scenic route 1A in North Hampton
- 13.00 mile(s) from American Independence Mus, discover the stories behind America's revolutionary past and how they relate to your experiences today. Located in historic Exeter
- 14 mile(s) from Flag Hill Winery, In Lee, NH. They make wine and vodka....
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Crossings @ Fox Run, A strip mall on Gosling Road featuring big box stores and eateries with a 15 screen movie theatre in the back. When you're done there, check out the access road to the Fox Run Mall for more shopping.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Fox Run shopping mall, Portsmouth indoor TAX FREE shopping mecca...
- 1.50 mile(s) from Market Square, Shops, cafe's, coffee shops and boutiques surround the center hub of downtown Portsmouth.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Kittery Outlets, An assortment of outlet shopping centers to meet any need. All with discount pricing!
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 1.50 mile(s) from Historical Sightseeing, Downtown Portsmouth
- 3.00 mile(s) from Water Country® Waterpark, New England's largest water park! Have some fun, opening the 2nd weekend in June.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Shopping, Kittery & Fox Run
- 1 mile(s) from Fox Run Mall, Tax free indoor shopping
- 2.00 mile(s) from Harbor Cruise, Located on Piscataqua River
- 5.00 mile(s) from Golf, Public and private courses
- 7.00 mile(s) from Beaches, Quiet or active--your choice Hampton or York beach are the most popular choices
- 1.50 mile(s) from Theatre, Music Hall in downtown Portsmouth
- 2.00 mile(s) from Boating, on the harbor in downtown Portsmouth, various options
- 2.00 mile(s) from Fishing, Sea and river fishing both available. License required.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Bicycle Rentals, Pappa Wheelies on Islington St
- 3.00 mile(s) from Arcade, Chuck E. Cheese's® Hampton Beach Boardwalk
- 2.00 mile(s) from Tennis, South Mill Pond Park in downtown Portsmouth
- 9.00 mile(s) from Skateboarding, Rye air field
- 9.00 mile(s) from Mini-Golf, Captains Cove in Hampton
- 10.00 mile(s) from Surfing-Paddle Boating, Various places along the seacoast ask the front desk for more information
- 10.00 mile(s) from Kayaking
- 15.00 mile(s) from Whale Watching, Rye and Hampton beach
- 40.00 mile(s) from Skiing, White mountain area
- 2.00 mile(s) from Cinema, Regal at Fox Run Mall and Cinemagic
- 1 mile(s) from Bowling, Bowlarama in Portsmouth
- 1.50 mile(s) from Ice Skating, Puddle Dock at Strawberry Bank outdoor seasonal
- Roundabout Diner & Lounge, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Jumpin' Jay's Fish Cafe, cafe, American, open for: dinner, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- .5 mile(s) from Cafe Espresso, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Wholesome food and daily fresh baked goodies!!
- 3.00 mile(s) from Warren's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Great food & amazing salad bar
- 2.0 mile(s) from The Rosa, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Surf, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Tues-Wed 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Thurs-Sun 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Waterfront seafood dining with a raw bar. Seafood fresh enough to think it was caught off their deck!
- 1.50 mile(s) from Portsmouth Gaslight, full servicee, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 12:00 non to 10:00 p.m., brick oven pizza, street level dining & upper floor nightclub
- 1.50 mile(s) from Portsmouth Brewery, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 12:00 noon to 10:00 p.m. Craft beers & pub food
- 1.50 mile(s) from RiRa, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner, Irish pub
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lexie's Joint, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Burgers, fries, fish tacos....Fresh all the way. Worth going off the beaten path.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Ristorante Massimo, full service, Italian, open for: dinner, 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Italian fine dining....bellissimo!!
- 2.00 mile(s) from Cafe Nostimo, cafe, Mediterranean, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Greek, Mediterranean=good. Four generations of good.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Thai Bistro, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Asian Fusion & Thai cuisine
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Flatbread Company, full service, American, open for: dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. A true pizza experience
- 2.00 mile(s) from Colby's Breakfast & Lunch, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Friendly Toast, full service International, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. A feast for your eyes & tummy!
- 2.00 mile(s) from The Library, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Fine dining in a historical building in downtown.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Loco Cocos Tacos, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Tacos, burritos, tostados...yummo's!!
- 6.00 mile(s) from Newick's, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m. Seafood is their specialty. Casual dining by the bay.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, full service, American, open for: dinner, 3:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. A little piece of Texas up here in the north!
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel and Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Portsmouth. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean