Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
401 Winchester Street, Keene, NH 03431-3999
Phone: +1 603-357-3038 | Fax: 603/357-4776 | 122 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the Best Western Plus Keene Hotel!
Enjoy four distinct seasons at our Best Western Keene, NH hotel, so whenever you visit New England, you’ll be assured a fantastic time.
For an extended stay in Keene, NH, you deserve a property that’s gorgeous and a staff committed to making your stay pleasant. Our full service hotel features an indoor heated pool, an onsite restaurant, incredible fall foliage and a full, free hot breakfast to start every morning right. The generous buffet spread features sizzling waffles, fresh fruits, sweet pastries, yogurt, juices and 100% Arabica coffee.
Hotels in Keene are known for hospitality, but we break the mold with the best service in town. Whether its sports tournaments or the Pumpkin Festival that brings you to this part of New Hampshire, rest assured you’ll be treated like royalty here. Keene State College is a big draw, and we welcome students, their loved ones and visiting professors year-round. From football games to graduation, where you stay plays a big part in how much you enjoy your vacation.
If you’re looking for motels in Keene that combine value with quality, that’s exactly what we promise. Sports are a way of life here, and we welcome players and fans alike of soccer, baseball, lacrosse, softball and basketball. Our Keene hotel can accommodate groups, so traveling together has never been easier. When you stay with friends and family, your trip is easier and more fun.
Business travelers are also on the lookout for hotels in Keene that provide a quiet space to take care of work duties. We welcome employees of NGM, Cheshire Medical Center, PC Connections®, C&S Wholesale Grocers and many other local businesses to our Keene hotel. With convention and banquet facilities, we are proud to host blood drives, weddings, business meetings and other events. A superior location means getting to work is easy, and there will be plenty of time left over for leisure activities.
Reserve your room at Best Western Plus Keene Hotel today and get ready for a rejuvenating trip! Enjoy your stay. Waxy O'Connors Irish Pub & Restaurant is currently closed for renovations. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Restaurant on-site
- Exercise facility open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. the fitness club is equipped with 2, 42-inch TVs, 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a sit down pedal bike, medicine balls, free weights, dumbbells, and a cable exercise machine
- Complimentary breakfast
- Indoor pool Heated
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee.
- Cocktail lounge
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe deposit box at front desk free to guests
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms.
- Business center three computers are available in the business center with printing capability, free of charge.
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Weight lifting equipment
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Exhibit services
- Conference facilities
- Inter corridor
- Laundromat Coin Operated Laundry available for guest. Open 6am to 10pm
- Dry Cleaning
- Cable or satellite television
- Hearing impaired services TTY
- Physically challenged facilities, ramps, grab bars
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Barbeque grills
- Newspaper available at front desk
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus keene hotel in Keene.
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus keene hotel in Keene, New Hampshire is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 42.921716 / Latitude: -72.293635
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Highways 101 and 10. South, Take Route 12, the Best Western Plus Keene Hotel is located at the junction of Route 12, 101 and 10 South.
From: Interstate 91. Take Exit 3 (9E) to Route 12 South to 10 South, to the the Best Western Plus Keene Hotel.
From: Boston. Take Route 2 West to 140 North to 12 North to 10 South, to the Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
From: East. Take 101 West to the Best Western Plus Keene Hotel.
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Boasting 36 beautifully maintained holes, Bretwood Golf Course is set along the Ashuelot River in Keene, New Hampshire. The River calmly winds its way through the facility, combining with lush green vegetation to create a truly relaxing atmosphere.
A favorite of competitive and recreational golfers, the course’s fairways stretch over varying elevation as mounds, bunkers, and the wind work together to challenge players. Named “Best in State” two years in a row by Golf Digest, Bretwood has hosted several professional events, including the North Atlantic Pro Tour and the New England Pro Tour.
With 169 beds for medical care, Cheshire Medical Center serves the Monadnock region in Keene, New Hampshire. The Medical Center has teamed with Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene to boast a network of hundreds of specialty care physicians.
The hospital facilities are complete with a 24-hour emergency room and helipad. The health care specialties provided within the Medical Center include Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Palliative Medicine.
Founded in 1962, Franklin Pierce University is a private, non-profit university in Rindge, New Hamshire, about 40 minutes southeast of Keene. Under the motto “Come Out Into the Light,” the school educates an annual average of 2,280 students in a diverse range of fields of study.
The University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and popular undergraduate programs include Biology, Music, and Political Science. Named in honor of the 14th President of the United States, the school was ranked on the “Forbes List of America’s Top Colleges.”
Sabbaday Falls at Granite Gorge
Skiers, snowboarders and tubers flock to the ski area, which is protected from the wind by the Mountain, to test the claim “the powder stays put!”
The Winter Youth Program offers lessons to youngsters, while Terrain Park classes teach higher-level students proper safety rules.
Meanwhile, the Full Season Race Program is perfect for experts who want to put their skills to the test, as well as receive more advanced training.
Established in 1909, Keene State College is a member of the University System of New Hampshire and the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges. Under the motto “Enter to Learn; Go Forth to Serve,” the school offers over 40 areas undergraduate study to an annual average of 5,400 students in Keene, New Hampshire.
Education, Occupational Safety, and Health Sciences are a few of the school’s most popular majors, and the Film Studies program presents an annual student film festival. Keene State College’s Owls compete at the NCAA Division III level in the Little East Conference. Programs include men and women’s basketball, soccer, and track.
Made up of rock estimated to be 400 million years old, Mount Monadnock stands in the southeastern part of New Hampshire, a half-hour outside of Keene. Towering to a height of 3,165 feet, Mount Monadnock offers visitors a wealth of opportunities for adventure.
Monadnock’s rocky summit provides panoramic views to help the mountain hold its rank as number #33 on the New England Fifty Finest list – used by hikers and backpackers. The 110-mile Metacomet-Monadnock Trail and the 50-mile Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway are popular hiking draws.
Serving as a regional center for the performing arts, Redfern Arts Center is located on the campus of Keene State College in Keene, New Hampshire. Overlooking the picturesque Brickyard Pond, the facility holds four theatres, eight art studios, and much more.
Keene State College students utilize the building’s choral rehearsal rooms, scenery and costume shops, electronic music studio, and photography darkroom for academic purposes, while the theatres host community events, films, and performances open to the public.
Covering over 739 acres, Spofford Lake is located in Chesterfield, New Hampshire, west of Keene. Named "the Cleanest Lake in Southwestern New Hampshire" by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, the Lake provides numerous water activities to visitors.
Ware's Grove and North Shore, the Lake’s public beaches, are perfect for relaxing in the sun or taking a dip. To the west of Ware’s Grove boaters can launch their expedition to Pierces Island. Fishing for smallmouth bass and rainbow trout is also popular on the lake, and golfers at Pine Grove Springs Country Club overlook the water while they play.
Promoting community education and outreach, the Colonial Theatre is located in Keene, New Hampshire. The Theatre boasts a year-round calendar full of live events, film festivals and performances of music, musical theatre, improv comedy, and more.
The Volunteer Advisory Council oversees a staff of 135 volunteers who help to organize and produce Theatre events, including educational programs and special shows for children. In more than 90 years of operation, the Theatre has played host to countless well-known performers such as Greg Allman and the Taj Mahal Trio.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Wheelock Park, play area for children and adults. 2 playgrounds, campsites, swimming pool, horseshoe pits and softball fields
- 7.00 mile(s) from Granite Gorge Ski Area, Alpine and cross country skiing as well as snow boarding and tubing
- 45.00 mile(s) from Nashua
- 7.50 mile(s) from Monadnock Speedway, Nascar sanctioned 1/4 mile track featuring Enduros, super and mini stocks and sportsman modified races
- 22.00 mile(s) from Cathedral of The Pines, open-air cathedral and meeting space on 236 acres with historic monuments honoring the service of American men and women—both military and civilian
- 1.00 mile(s) from Red FernCenter on Brickyard, concerts, theatrical productions, dance concerts, recitals and art exhibits by the College’s academic programs and presents performances by artists in dance, theater, and music
- 18.00 mile(s) from Mount Mondadnock, 3165 feet high with a number of hiking trails featuring expansive views from the top
- 1.00 mile(s) from Colonial Theater, non-profit historical performing arts center with films, music, theater and dance performances
- 3.40 mile(s) from Stonewall Farm, a working farm and educational center with pick your own fruits and fruit stand, nature trailsgreenhouses and dairy barns. Free admittence
- .50 mile(s) from Wal-mart®
- 1.00 mile(s) from Barnes & Noble
- 1.00 mile(s) from Target
- 1.00 mile(s) from Downtown, Unique locally owned shops
- 1.00 mile(s) from Colony Mill Marketplace, A collecion of unique shops all under one roof
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.00 mile(s) from Keene State Athletics
- 3.00 mile(s) from Keene Swamp Bats, New England Collegiate Baseball team
- 8.00 mile(s) from Arnone's Family Fun Center, Mini-golf & Go-Karts
- 18.00 mile(s) from Nature preserves, hiking, Mount Monadnock
- 5.00 mile(s) from Swanzey Lake
- 5.00 mile(s) from Surry Dam, Swimming area
- 7.00 mile(s) from Granite Gorge Ski area
- 7.50 mile(s) from Monadnock Speedway, Nascar sanctioned 1/4 mile track
- Waxy O'Connor's, on premises, Full Service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, an Irish pub and restaurant serving traditional Irish and American fare. Open for lunch and dinner. Menu includes burgers, steak, pasta and seafood. Kid friendly menus and nightly specials available. Room service from full menu provided from 10 a.m.-9:30 p.m. with a late night menu from 9:30-12 midnight. A full service bar featuring 20 different types of beer from all over the world.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Applebee’s, full service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Keene. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean